Covering Hyperpigmentation and Acne Scarring with Makeup
If you are a woman of color, you may experience dark spots as a result of past pimples and regions of darkness on your skin. I decided to film how I use makeup to cover my hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
- Hatomugi Skin Conditioner decanted into spray bottle - I use this to hydrate my cleansed skin, which tends to be quite dry. It also contains ingredients which can help heal hyperpigmentation and acne scarring.
- Stratia Liquid Gold My current favorite moisturizer, Liquid Gold is incredible. Hydrating but not overly greasy, this thin emulsion has quickly helped repair my moisture barrier.
- Vaseline- I use Vaseline to seal in the moisturizing goodness of Liquid Gold and Hatomugi Skin Conditioner
- L'Oreal Total Cover Foundation Cocoa 312 This new foundation is semi- controversial, people either love it or hate it. I think it's alright, albeit a bit too matte for my dry skin, when mixed with the concealer below however, the coverage is perfectly full and the finish nice and satin (in between dewy and matte).
- Covergirl Olay Depuffer Medium Deep I reviewed this in my last Makeup Bag Monday so check there for my full thoughts. This concealer is extremely emollient and pairs well with the dryer L'Oréal Total Cover foundation.
- Real Techniques Sponge Although sponges tend to soak up a bit of product, they are my favorite tool to apply foundation. Work in light layers to ensure full coverage without a cakey finish.
- Jordana Easy Liner This super affordable liner glides on easy and lasts for the majority of the day.
- L'Oreal True Match Powder Since my skin is dry, I don't set my face with powder. My eyes are quite oily though so I have to use a primer or powder on them or my eyelids look sweaty. Gross right?
- Wet N Wild Cherry Bomb Lipstick I like this to add a tiny bit of color to my lips
- Rose Salve For extra moisture in the winter months I love topping my lips with this thick salve.